located behind Teackle Mansion (in historic Princess Anne)
4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms
3 lots comprising approx 1 acre
In 1823 Sarah Martin Done built a Federal style home on the site today’s Princess Anne post office. By the time that Milbourne Muir purchased the house in 1949, it had been home to a series of seven families. Mr. Muir soon had the building moved to its present location behind the Teackle Mansion.
The large three bay structure was largely inspired by the gable front transverse hall design that Mr. Teackle introduced to the town and surrounding areas in 1802. Several frame and brick examples were built in the first four decades of the century, and several have survived as some of the most elegant homes in the Princess Anne area.
The Sarah Martin Done House retains period woodwork, a decorative corner stair, six-panel doors, and a Federal style mantel in the living room. Owned since 2001 by the Somerset County Historical Society, it is undergoing repairs and upgrades, in preparation for its eventual sale to an historically sensitive buyer. The house sits on three lots surrounded by nature in one of the most private locations in historic Princess Anne.